During the COVID-19 outbreak spanning the globe, most are diligently observing social distancing and stay-at-home practices to prevent the spread of this virus. But what happens if you’re a homeowner in this position who requires vital services like plumbing or HVAC repair?
At Monkey Wrench Plumbing, Heating & Air, we’re proud to be continuing to offer plumbing repair and related services in safe, intelligent ways during this crisis. We have increased several specific areas of precautions taken when any of our technicians enter your home, including a complete cutoff of any personal contact and observance of CDC guidelines. Today’s blog will go over several specific precautions that should be taken when any kind of at-home worker enters a home during this period, both by the worker and by the homeowner, plus a few additional areas to consider as you stay safe during any kind of home service you require during this unique time.
By now, numerous medical organizations have posted consistent guidelines on safety for any kind of personal contact, including situations like home services. Such guidelines tend to include the following areas:
- No hand-shaking or any kind of direct person-to-person contact whatsoever.
- Thorough social distancing methods, including six feet of distance or more maintained at all times.
- Increased usage of personal protective equipment, including but not limited to gloves, foot booties, face masks and others.
- Thorough and regular hand-washing for 20 seconds with soap and water, plus regular use of hand sanitizer.
- Disinfectant usage to ensure cleanliness of all common touchpoints, from the workspace and equipment areas to company vehicles, tablets, clipboards and any other devices.
We want to stress that at Monkey Wrench, we take a broad range of these precautions – but we’re also highly cognizant of any special concerns you have and will happily increase our safety measures to include any additional areas you request within reason.
One vital area here for many homeowners: If you or anyone in your home is part of a high-risk population for COVID-19, such as a senior or anyone with major health concerns or an autoimmune disorder, please let us know about this in detail before your appointment. We are taking the time to call all clients ahead of their appointments to confirm there are no major exposure risks, both to you and to our plumbers – if someone in your home is actively exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, for instance, we might delay your appointment so as to avoid risk of spread to our technicians, who will enter other households later that day.
For more on how in-home services like plumbing can safely be performed during the COVID-19 crisis, or to learn about any of our plumbing or HVAC services, speak to the staff at Monkey Wrench Plumbing, Heating & Air today.